As bags and shoes are important for women, so does shaving cream for men. Women may not realize the huge value of a shaving cream, but men do. In fact, their lives depend on it. Among the many brands and names in the industry, there are some that are considered as the best shaving cream for men.
However, before you march to the nearest store to get the best shaving cream for your needs, there are some things that you need to consider about. Know that shaving products are generally available in two main forms: the cream or gel, or the traditional one. When is a product called as the best item, anyway?
- It has superior and easy to apply performance, which mainly deals with better lubrication and cushion. You see, a good cream will provide good lubrication with improved comfort so you won’t even worry that the shaving blade will do you harm.
- It should be easily applied and used. It should also be able to be mixed with hard as well as soft water, so whatever contents of the mineral water won’t affect the quality of the cream.
- It should come with different kinds of smells that are refreshing and soothing. Of course, you can choose the ones without any scents at all.
- It should be easily found and purchased.
- Despite the quality, the tag price should be affordable – at least reasonable and logical.
Traditional vs Modern Shaving Gels or Creams
It may be old-school, but some people prefer the traditional shaving cream to the modern ones. There are loads of reasons why they do so. First, for them the traditional cream offers more flexibility and easiness in application. Second, the cream is considered safer and more natural than the modern ones. Third, the cream is claimed to deliver better result with more perfect softness and smoothness.
Some men have problems with modern shaving gels and creams, due to these conditions:
- More and more modern shaving products have synthetic perfumes, artificial dyes and colors, alcohol, and preservatives that can cause skin irritation. For some people alcohol can cause discomfort or skin burns.
- As if it weren’t enough, these products contain the so-called numbing agents, which increase the possibility of irritations, nicks, or cuts.
- If you choose the shaving foams, keep in mind that they may contain dangerous gases, like propane or isobutene, responsible for the foam formation. It makes the cream look foamy and thick, but since it is mostly gases, your skin isn’t properly protected.
Of course, not all modern shaving creams are that ‘scary’ or dangerous, but you need to make dedicated research to really choose the one that isn’t only good, but also safe. Some of the products may be higher in price than others, but they are generally better and safer than the others.
Choosing for the right and proper product shouldn’t be difficult. You can choose the ones with natural oils like jojoba, avocado, coconut, or almond, and essential oils. The products are made of natural ingredients, like fruits, plants, flower, or roots. If you find essential oils like lemon, eucalyptus, lime, sandalwood, lavender, bergamot, or cypress, you can be sure that they are safe.